Thursday, May 24, 2007

Just wait a minute..

So they say if you don´t like the weather, wait a minute. I thought things got silly in Scotland but we´ve had fun here in the last few days. Hail, snow, rain, sleet, sunshine and blue skies. Then I drove home after belly dancing and had to stop to take pictures .. there were the most amazingly dramatic, purples and greys, blacks and blues; anvil-shaped clouds hugging the mountains all around leaving Reykjavík underneath an island of blue mediterraneanesque (well one can dream!) sky. That was all on Monday.
Today was pretty much the same but I sheltered inside and looked up through the big windows at work .. each window had a different type of weather.

I´ve been inside the last few days though planning ceilidh fun, whistling and fluting and listening to lots of music. I´ve also been trying out my Icelandic skills and pushing them as far as I can with letter writing. The joy of getting a response in Icelandic back from an email sent by me in my "special" Icelandic is immeasurable. Understanding it is cloud nine. Turns out that everyones' tolerance for poor grammar here is much better than I had thought and I can just go for it and talk like a baby. I had underestimated the tolerance for funny sounding Icelandic and was keen on using it as my favourite excuse to avoid trying to speak. Oh well no excuse now.. Gagagagooo woohoo!

No comments: