Friday, May 25, 2007

Basket weaving

Boogie cartoon from butternutsquash

It was pointed out to me at ceilidh class tonight that so many dances are about basket weaving. In and out, round and about. I think it is true. I wonder what a Strip the Willow basket would like? I think I´d like one. We also had a go at making a basket of people.. (see the video here for an example). I hope nobody is injured after all that. In the UK I feel we would have needed a few thick piles of paper to fill in to ensure we carried out a thorough risk assessment. Things thankfully are a little more laid back here. One man down .. a few more left still standing .. thats okay then.. Still I am teaching a lot of foreigners so perhaps I should be more careful. Everyone up for slow waltz? No really I think it went well, lots of fun. I am really enjoying the classes and am glad I finally went for it. Have been thinking about this idea for at least 12 months!

No comments: