Tuesday, May 15, 2007

First steps on stage



This was my belly dance class' first steps on stage at Þjóðleikhúskjallarinn on the 13th of April, performing a choreography by Aida Nour. Our teacher, Margrét, had a fun duet with her very entertaining teacher Maher, dancing a choreography originally danced by Mahmoud Reda and Farida Fahmy.



I was really impressed by Fífí´s solo:



It was fun and great to see the experienced dancers, so relaxed and fluid, cat-like, in their amazing costumes. I suspect belly dance costumes are like shoes.. can you have too many?

3 comments:

Sisilly said...

Ciao Bella, Congratulation on your first steps on stage and thank you for sharing this, it felt a bit like being there.
Is Stella also dancing with you?
lots of hugs Maria

Kate said...

Ciao! Takk! I am taking classes with Kramhusið and perhaps Stella dances at Magadanshusið? I did not see her at Þjóðleikhúskjallarinn :( .. it was a fun night though.. I was in so delighted to see the other girls dancing too and it was nice to be part of a team of sorts. :) Big hugs, Kate

New Icelanders said...

Kate!!!!!!!!!! I did not know you were belly dancing AS WELL!! Bl**dy Brilliant! The belly dancers in Akranes cannot come to the þjóðahátið. I am desperate to get some from Rvk, got any leads on how I can contact them?

LoVe Pauline