Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Small world

"It´s a Small World", photo by "BubbaTrout"

It is a small world. Óli met someone recently whom I already know, through a completely different connection. Turns out he has shared links with my sister and we probably know many of the same people in a different city, in a different country. I like this. Everyone is somehow linked to home perhaps.. perhaps everywhere is home. This is probably not news to any Icelanders who can trace their routes back to the settlers, to each other, to kings and princesses in Scandinavia and Ireland. It is special to feel a touch of it as a foreigner. Scattered friends and friends still to be met .. we´re not so far apart.

2 comments:

lins said...

i love that photo!

Kate said...

Yes, me too.. not by me though. The world in our hands!