Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ceilidh classes in Reykjavik

Beginners Ceilidh classes start in Reykjavik in May.. I'm teaching! Ceilidh dancing is wonderful fun. Scottish country dancing the way real people do it. A great night out, really sociable and not too worried about the perfect steps. I love it! Being back in Scotland just now I am working away in the labs and writing occasional blogs with pretty pictures to remind me that it is spring outside .. or summer if you believe the Icelanders. I am dreaming however of the ceilidh we are going to next Saturday .. Last Tram Tae Auchenshuggle are playing in the Linlithgow Academy. Woohoo!! Never mind kicking up my heels for a dance, I'll be kicking off my shoes!

So, classes in Reykjavik! Dates are:

Sunday 6th May, 14:30 to 17:00
Sunday 13th May, 14:30 to 17:00
Sunday 20th May, 14:30 to 17:00
Thursday 24th May, 20:00 to 22:30

A further class is being planned for the last week in May to have social dancing and rehearse a demonstration set of dances for the Festival of Nations on June 2nd. This is the start of Ceilidh culture in Reykjavik. It's going to be fun and so easy everyone can join in. Have a look at Ceilidh in Reykjavik site for more information and updates.

1 comment:

Sisilly said...

HURAAY! HURRAY!
well done Kate, wish I was there to take part. xxx Maria